I am so tickled to have a visit from Kathleen Ann Gallagher! She wrote one of the first new books I read when I got back in to reading last year and I have loved each of her books since! One of her recent releases is Sun, Sand and Seances, which I know you will love so without further ado…Here’s Kathleen:
1. Have you ever been to a séance? I haven’t been to a one as an adult, but when I was a teenager my sister in-law invited my friends and I over for a séance. It was all in fun, and we loved it. At sleepovers, we used to try to recreate the magic. We never conjured up spirits, but back then, we thought we did.
2. How did Bobbi’s Fiancé die? Naturally or murder? Bobbi didn’t expect an argument over a movie choice to end in a tragedy. Greg left one evening in a huff, and later in the evening was found on his bathroom floor by his roommate. Reports lead to a head injury, but Bobbi questioned how a healthy young man lost his balance. The guilt over the fight remains constant, even years after his death.
3. What kind of father/person was Kevin’s dad? Kevin’s father was a loving man, but he couldn’t keep up with his competitive drive. His brother Matt was perfect in his dad’s eyes, unlike Kevin, who dropped out of college.
4. What happened to Kevin and Bobbi the first time around? Kevin and Bobbi had a passionate love affair, but their lives went into different directions when Bobbi focused on her career. Despite living in the same town, they lost touch, but Bobbi never forgot him. She wanted to contact him many times, but she didn’t want to interfere if he had a new girlfriend. Kevin always took her on the most romantic dates. If only he wouldn’t have been so insecure about his future.
5. What would you like your readers to know? Sun, Sand & Séances was released from Decadent Tease on June 26, 2013. The story takes place in the oldest seashore town in the United State. There’s talk about it being the most haunted. I loved writing this story. I always wanted to use Cape May as a setting for one of my books. I waited to find the right couple to come along. The characters took me on a wonderful ride. I had to guide them, but they had some ideas of their own.
Sun, Sand and Seances
by Kathleen Gallagher
Published: June 21, 2013
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Length: 54 pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance
About Sun, Sand and Seances:
Bobbi Collins is a caring and devoted kindergarten teacher who had her world turned upside down when her fiancé died after a lover’s quarrel. Five years later, she still struggles with acceptance. Her role as an educator fills up her week, but on weekends, she longs for something more. When she stumbles across a newspaper ad for a psychic fair in the historic town of Cape May, New Jersey, it seems like the answer. Bobbi is determined to revive her once vibrant life.
Kevin Carlton a successful realtor is tired of the dating game. He doesn’t remember buying a raffle ticket, but when his co-worker announces he holds the winning number, he decides to take a chance and attend the all expense paid weekend in Cape May, at the Lady of the Sea’s Psychic Fair. He hopes to find a spiritualist who has the ability to contact his late father and prove he has become a man to be proud of.
Sparks fly when Bobbi and Kevin run into one another at the fair. When strange happenings occur, Bobbi rushes into her ex-boyfriend’s arms. She never imagined having a weekend of magic, memories, and a chance to rekindle the flame with her lost love.
Can sun, sand, and séances cast a spell on their hearts and allow the reunited couple to find what they both desire, or will the spirits sabotage it all?
He sat beside her on the bed and slid close. “Don’t be scared. There’s always something to repair in these old hotels. Try not to let all of the ghost stories get to you. It’s all in fun.”
“The stories I’ve heard sound real.”
“I think the air conditioner made the noise.” He laughed.
Bobbi grabbed the blanket from the edge of the bed and placed it around her shoulders. “Don’t you feel the cold air?”
“Did you turn it on when you came into the room?”
“No, I thought you did.”
“Now, that’s weird. I didn’t touch it.” Kevin tucked her against him. With their bodies close, neither of them said another word.
The warmth of his touch calmed her nerves, and Bobbi turned to gaze into his eyes. She gasped when he gave her an intense stare and placed his hand on the side of her face. Her desire surfaced and the wall she’d built to protect her heart since her fiancé’s death began to loosen. His cologne teased her to remember how sweet he had always been. As Kevin pulled her close and nuzzled her neck, she wrapped her arms around his broad back. When he placed his lips on hers and searched her mouth with his tongue, she whimpered and surrendered to his embrace. His kiss a reminder of the fun-filled days and long passionate nights. Why had she given him up? The image of her fiancé flashed in her mind like a bucket of cold water, and she shoved against Kevin’s chest, loosening his hold.
My Thoughts on Sun, Sand and Seances:
I love reading books where the hero and heroine get a second chance at their HEA and this is just such a book. Bobbi the Kindergarten teacher and Kevin the Realtor knew one another and had what sounds like a really great romance going before Bobbi went off to college. After they went their separate ways, life happened and both ended up with unresolved relationships with people who had died. What Bobbi especially would have given for an experience like the movie Ghost! When they literally run into one another at a special psychic fair in Cape May, NJ, they realize that if they can resolve the feelings they have concerning their loved ones, they might have a shot at a new beginning in each others arms.
Kathleen has a wonderfully light touch when it comes to writing. This is no dark and heavy doom and gloom story. The pacing is smooth and the interaction between the characters is pleasant. She provides the happy medium of too much and not enough back story and I was totally rooting for Kevin and Bobbi long before the end of the book. I would have loved for the book to be longer because I felt like there was more story there but I really look forward to reading Kathleen’s newest book, Freya’s Spell. If you like unexplained phenomenon and Paranormal stories or just second-time around Romances, then check out Sun, Sand and Seances!
About Author Kathleen Ann Gallagher:
Kathleen writes contemporary, paranormal, and erotic romance. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, Joseph, and their two puppies, Chaz, and Luc. Her children are all grown, but her three grandsons keep her spirit energized. She is a registered nurse who works in an emergency room. Her passion for story telling began when she was a young girl. Since her father was a professional magician, she learned how to use her imagination while assisting him with his act. When Kathleen is not writing, her favorite place to relax is down the Jersey Shore. You might find her under an umbrella, wearing a straw hat, dreaming of a new story.
Connect with Kathleen:
Check back here on October 16th for my post and review of Kathleen’s newest release, Freya’s Spell!